Surrey Nature Centre Day Camp Assistant (14+) - - Surrey Nature Centre Day Camp Assistant (14+)
*** Recruitment for Summer 2019 is closed***
Do you enjoy interacting with children? Could you inspire them to love nature? Help Day Camp Staff coordinate nature games, crafts, outings and other activities. The Surrey Nature Centre offers day camps during summer, winter and spring breaks.
What’s in it for you?
- Gain experience working with children in a recreational environment
- Gain leadership and professional skills
- Spend time outdoors and learn more about nature
- Earn volunteer hours and a personalized letter of reference on request
- 14+ years old
- Submit two references, complete a Police Information Check, and successfully complete an interview
- Complete both a Training and Orientation session (held in June)
- Comfortable interacting with children and a team of staff and volunteers
- Approachable, friendly, and professional
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
Time Commitment: One full week (M-F 8:30am to 3:30pm).
Camps are held in March and through the summer (July to August).
Location: Surrey Nature Centre (14225 Green Timbers Way)
- Provide 2 references
- Successfully complete a Police Information Check (free for volunteers)
- Successfully complete an interview
Once accepted as a Surrey Nature Centre Day Camp Assistant you will receive an email when we are looking for volunteers. Stay tuned for upcoming opportunities!
For further information about this program, please contact Lauren Crosbie at 604-590-7242 Lauren.Crosbie@surrey.ca.