Nature Work Parties (All ages) - Nature Work Party Member
Join others in caring for Surrey's unique urban forest by removing invasive plants and litter from our parks. Everyone is welcome to participate - no experience is required. Tools and training are provided.
- Remove invasive plants like Himalayan blackberry and English ivy
- Plant native trees and shrubs each spring and fall
- Clean up litter
- Contribute to community and park enhancement
- Learn about local ecology, plant identification, and restoration techniques
- Earn volunteer hours and outdoor field experience with hands-on work
Events are usually 1-3 hours long on Saturdays. There are usually 2-4 activities per month in the spring, summer, and fall.
This program is currently open to registered volunteers and to drop-in participants. Visit this webpage for information about dropping in.
Various parks in Surrey.
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply to be a volunteer in the Nature Work Party volunteer program, you must be:
- 13 years or older. These events are open to all ages but volunteers under 13 need adult supervision. If your child wants to join, make your own account to sign up and volunteer with them.
- Comfortable working outdoors with tools (shovels, snips)
- Able to take initiative and direction as required
- Prepared to dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes
Step #2 – Apply
- Click “Fill in an application” on the right side of this page
- Click sign up and then confirm below to access and receive emails about upcoming events.
Once staff has processed your account, you will receive a welcome email with information about how to sign up for shifts and how to complete any additional steps.
Step #3 – Volunteer
- Sign up for shifts through your account
- Upcoming shifts are posted on the opportunities tab.
- Time: either morning or evening session
- Hours: 1.5 hours/session, 8 sessions per season
This process typically takes 1-2 weeks so we thank you for your patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
Urban Forest Stewardship team
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account