Nature Work Parties (all ages) - - Nature Work Party Member
Join others in caring for Surrey's unique urban forest by removing invasive plants and litter from our parks. Everyone is welcome to participate - no experience is required. Tools, training and light refreshments are provided.
What we do:
- Remove invasive plants like Himalayan Blackberry and English Ivy
- Plant native trees and shrubs each spring and fall
- Clean up litter
How you will grow:
- Contribute to community and park enhancement
- Learn about local ecology, plant identification, and restoration techniques
- Earn volunteer hours and outdoor field experience with hands-on work
- All ages (0-12 need parental supervision. If your child wants to join, make your own account to sign up and volunteer with them)
- Comfortable working outdoors with tools (shovels, snips)
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- Dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes
Events are usually 2-3 hours long on Saturdays. These events are drop-in, meaning you don't have to stay the whole time. You can stay for as short or long as you like.
Various parks in Surrey.
How to sign up:
If you are new to MyImpactPage:
- Click "Fill in an application" on the right side of this page
If you have an existing profile on MyImpactPage :
- Log-in to your account
- Sign up below for the Nature Work Parties - Invite List to receive emails about upcoming events.
Or - drop by any of our upcoming events to check out what we do!
Questions? Contact Trevor at Trevor.Kavanagh @surrey.ca or 778.846.6014.
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon