Nature Work Parties (all ages) - - Nature Work Parties - Invite List
* WE ARE RECRUITING! * Sign up to indicate your interest.
All ages welcome! Work together with other nature lovers to remove invasive plants and plant native trees and shrubs. You will help enhance habitat for wildlife and restore the balance to our park ecosystems. All gloves and tools will be provided.
- Removing invasive plants
- Cleaning up litter and yard waste
- Removing graffiti from trees
- Wildlife monitoring
- Planting native trees and shrubs
- Spend some time outdoors while doing something good for your community
- Meet other volunteers who care for Surrey’s parks
- Learn about local ecology and plant identification
- Earn volunteer hours and a personalized letter of reference on request
- Light snacks and refreshments provided!
- All ages welcome!
- Comfortable working outdoors
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- Dress for the weather (hats, raincoats, boots, etc) and wear sturdy shoes
- Bring lots of water (in a reusable water bottle)
Time Commitment: Drop in to any event and stay for however long you want! Events are typically held on Saturdays from May to October.
Location: Various parks in Surrey
- If you are new to MyVolunteerPage: click "Fill in an application" on the right hand side
- If you have a MyVolunteerPage profile already: log-in and sign up below for the Nature Work Parties - Invite List to receive emails about upcoming Nature Work Party events.
- OR drop into any of our events listed below
For further information about this program, please contact Sarah Brookes at SVBrookes@surrey.ca or 604-501-7687.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Evening
- Tuesday Evening
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
- Friday Evening
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account