Nature Work Parties (all ages) - - Nature Work Parties - Invite List
Ongoing recruitment - sign up to get started.
Join a community of volunteers working hard to enhance Surrey parks. Get your hands dirty removing invasive plants and planting native trees and shrubs.
- Remove invasive plants
- Plant native trees and shrubs
- Clean up litter and yard waste
- Contribute to community and park enhancement
- Learn about local ecology, plant identification, and restoration techniques
- Earn volunteer hours and a letter of reference on request
- All ages (ages 0-12 need parental supervision)
- Comfortable working outdoors with tools (shovels, snips)
- Ability to take initiative and direction as required
- Dress for the weather and wear sturdy shoes
We provide tools, training, and refreshments at every event. Blackberry is prickly, so wear clothes that can handle a snag.
Events are usually 2-3 hours long on Saturdays. Come to any event and stay for as long as you want!
Various parks in Surrey
If you are new to MyVolunteerPage:
- Click "Fill in an application" on the right-hand side of this page
If you have an existing MyVolunteerPage profile:
- Log-in to your account
- Sign up below for the Nature Work Parties - Invite List to receive emails about upcoming events.
Or - drop by any of our upcoming events to check out what we do!
Questions? Contact Lauren Crosbie at Lauren.Crosbie@surrey.ca or 778.846.1019.
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon