Connecting Generations - Textile Dye Garden Assistant
Do you have a passion for textiles? Would you like to learn more about textiles? Sign up to become a volunteer and help maintain Surrey’s Textile Dye Garden. We are looking for passionate individuals with a desire to learn or develop skills, and to promote the unique textile experiences provided. If you would like to spend time with textile experts and others who contribute to the magic of textiles, fill out the volunteer application form!
As a Garden Assistant, you can:
• Receive free lab time to observe textile work.
• Gain knowledge of textiles and plants
• Gain knowledge of gardening and textile techniques
• Have the opportunity to observe textile instruments at work.
• Assisting in the delivery of hands-on programs
• Assisting the workshop leader during specific events
• Garden maintenance on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and/or Saturdays (1 hour per month)
Locations: Museum of Surrey, 17710 56A Avenue Surrey, BC V3S 5H8
Step #1 – Eligibility Requirements
To apply to be a volunteer in the Age Friendly volunteer program, you must be:
- 14 years or older
- Eligible to volunteer in Canada (check your travel documents, if applicable)
Step #2 – Apply
- Fill in an application
- Attend an interview
- Submit 2 references
- Complete a Police Information Check
Step #3 – Volunteer
- When all the above steps have been completed, you will be contacted by phone or email by an Age Friendly program administrator
This process can take up to 6 weeks so we thank you for your diligence and patience. Once you are eligible to volunteer, log-in to your profile at MyImpactPage.com to search and sign up for volunteer activities, confirm shifts and record your hours of service.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account