Park Care - Bin Keeper (Year-round)
The Bin keeper program started in 1991 to address the increasing amount of litter in our parks. While the City does provide garbage cans and collection service in high-use parks, it is not possible to put a bin in all neighborhood parks. Bin Keepers help the City of Surrey increase our operational capacity and keep our communities clean.
Description of Responsibilities:
• Identify and report to staff a park in need of a bin.
• Place the garbage bin at the curb, following your bi-weekly residential waste collection schedule.
• Replace the garbage bag.
Skills and Qualities Required:
• at least 16 years old or with adult supervision.
• Ability to work independently.
• Volunteers are required to find a volunteer replacement while on holidays and should also inform Partners in Parks staff.
• Long term (at least one year) commitment; approximately 1 hour every two weeks.
• Various - bins are installed as needed.
Individuals can record volunteer hours under "Hours Log" in their myvolunteerpage.com account. Partners in Parks staff will approve logged hours.
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - All Day
- Tuesday - All Day
- Wednesday - All Day
- Thursday - All Day
- Friday - All Day
- Saturday - All Day
- Sunday - All Day