Surrey Art Gallery Youth Docents - About
Due to the current pandemic the Gallery's volunteer program is not accepting new applicants. Existing volunteers may choose to participate in online programs and training. We invite you to explore the Gallery's online programming series - Art Together and to schedule a visit to view our exhibitions. We hope you'll consider volunteering once we're able to resume the program.
Discover contemporary art and ideas, develop public speaking skills, and gain leadership experience. Join our Youth Docents and enhance exhibitions through activities that are equal parts fun and educational. Opportunities to inspire and be inspired abound.
What will I be doing?
• Lead discussions and hands-on activities for Gallery visitors
• Engage in preparing and planning for programs
• Research and study exhibitions of contemporary art
• Participate in ongoing training, gallery lectures and program evaluation
• Volunteer approximately 5 hours a month from September to July
Who can join? Youth ages 14 and up that:
• Have a passion for contemporary art
• Are responsible and reliable
• Enjoy working within a diverse community
• Possess good communication skills
• Enjoy contributing to a team
• Learn about contemporary art and education with gallery educators, curators, and artists
• Develop presentation and public speaking skills
• Contribute to a vital community program – make a real contribution to the arts
• Camaraderie - engage with a dynamic, group of arts interested peers
• Gain experience as an educator
• Receive a 10% discount at the SAGA Gift Shop
• Contact Chris Dawson-Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org | 604-501-5198
This activity generally occurs on
- Wednesday Evening
- Thursday Evening
- Sunday Morning
About Surrey Art Gallery
As a result of the current pandemic the Gallery is not accepting new applicants to the volunteer program at this time. We invite you to explore the Gallery's online programming series - Art Together and to schedule a visit to view our exhibitions. We hope you'll consider volunteering once we're able to safely resume the program.
Join a dynamic community of volunteers dedicated to enriching art education for children! Surrey Art Gallery Docents lead engaging tours of contemporary art exhibitions from September to June. Participants take part in ongoing training with curators, artist-educators, and artists.
Interact with artists and engage Gallery visitors with contemporary art and ideas. Help out at vibrant events like exhibition openings and artist talks or facilitate art activities at Family Sundays and festivals where families explore, enjoy, and create art together.
Share your passion for art with eager young minds! Help out with children's art classes and week-long art day camps as a CAPA where you'll develop leadership skills, organize studios, work with children, and assist the instructor.
Discover contemporary art and ideas, develop public speaking skills, and gain leadership experience. Become a Youth Docent and enhance exhibitions through activities that are equal parts fun and educational.
Do you have training as a library technician or librarian? We could use your help and expertise with accessioning and cataloguing in the Gallery's research collection.
How to Apply:
- Complete an online profile for the Surrey Art Gallery at app.betterimpact.com
- Upload 2 written references to your online profile
- Once you've uploaded your references, arrange for an interview with our Volunteer Program Coordinator: email@example.com
- After the interview, you may be asked to provide a Police Information Check. Should this be the case, we will provide you with the forms you will need to complete and have processed by the RCMP.
Thanks for your interest in volunteering at the Gallery!