Literacy Services - Homework Hero-adult
Help a child or small group of youth with their homework or in a certain subject area through one-on-one tutoring.
Volunteer Tutors provide after school academic assistance in a variety of subjects to 4th − 12th graders from East Palo Alto schools and neighboring middle schools and high schools. Volunteers are matched 1-on-1 with a student and work with him or her a minimum of 1 day per week for 1 hour to establish rapport and build on academic skills. Volunteers will make a 3-6 month commitment. All tutoring sessions take place inside of the East Palo Alto Library. The tutoring session will take place Monday-Thursday between 4 pm- 8 pm, Friday 4-6 pm, Saturday 9-5 pm, and Sunday 1-5 pm.
* Ability to build rapport with youth while making the tutoring sessions fun & interesting.
* General working knowledge of math, science, or language arts.
* Effective communication with youth, parents/guardians, and library personnel.
* Training must be completed prior to becoming an active volunteer
- Interview/Screening Must be Completed -Yes
- What age category do you belong to? Must be at least 18-21