Literacy Services - Quest Learning Center Tutor - For Teen Volunteers
Make an impact in the lives of 1st-3rd grade students by promoting literacy and offering homework assistance in a fun mentoring atmosphere.
- Currently enrolled in high school (in any city)
- Commitment to a minimum of 2 hours per week for 8 weeks
- Ability to work well with youth from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- General working knowledge of math, science, and English subjects
- Effective communication with youth, parents, fellow volunteers, and library personnel
Examples of Duties:
- Help 1st-3rd grade Quest students with reading, writing, and homework.
- Assist in leading fun academic enrichment activities in various subjects.
- Serve as a role model to students, as they will often see you as an older sibling.
- Share your appreciation and enthusiasm toward education.
Quest Timeline and Hours:
The Quest Learning Center is in session from September 23, 2019 through May 14, 2020. Tutoring takes place from 4-6pm Monday-Thursday.
- What age category do you belong to? Must be at least 14+
The next 10 shifts (out of 110 total shifts) for this activity are as follows
|Date||Start Time||End Time|
|Friday, December 06, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Monday, December 09, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 10, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 11, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 12, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Friday, December 13, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Monday, December 16, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Tuesday, December 17, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Wednesday, December 18, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|
|Thursday, December 19, 2019||4:00 PM||6:00 PM|