Coffs Harbour - The Welcome Project - Coffs Harbour
About the Welcome Project
There are 2 volunteer roles for the Welcome Project – Ambassadors and Community Support Assistants.
The role of Ambassadors is to assist in activity coordination for newcomers to attend events, tours and outings; attend and share your interest in Coffs Harbour events and activities and create a welcoming, enjoyable experience which encourages intercultural exchange and dialogue.
The role of Community Support Assistants is to accompany families and individuals to and from activities to help them navigate and build their independence in the Coffs Harbour region and ensure families and individuals can communicate with Ambassadors by providing language support when needed.
When and commitment
Minimum of fortnightly commitment for six months, weekends only.
Various locations across the Coffs Harbour region.
What you will do
- Assist newcomers to attend events, tours and outings – i.e., coastal walks, markets and outdoor based activities
- Assist in activity coordination and Project review and development as required
- Attend and share your interest in Coffs Harbour events and activities
- Create a welcoming, enjoyable experience which encourages intercultural exchange and dialogue
- Actively support SSI’s vision and values
- Work in accordance with SSI policies and procedures
- Follow all reasonable directions provided by SSI staff or delegate
- Maintain confidentiality and keep client information securely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of what Coffs Harbour has to offer including, where to access free events/programs information
- Willingness to broker relationships with local businesses, attractions and civic groups
- Knowledge of the Coffs Harbour community and local landmarks
- Warm, friendly and welcoming nature
- Interest and involvement in local communities and events