Interview & Training Sessions - Interview - Zoom - Dec 8, 6:30PM
We always welcome new volunteers! An interview is the first step to join our team. Only successful candidates will be able to volunteer with the Markham Public Library. Please note: All volunteers must be fully vaccinated in order to be scheduled for an opportunity.
Important: Once the interview is full, you will not be able to sign up. Please sign up for only one interview session. If you have already successfully interviewed by a different City of Markham Department you do not need to interview again; unless you would like to change your rank.
You can also check if you already have an interview rank by going to "My Profile," then "Qualifications" and looking beside "Interview."
You will be given one of these volunteer ranks:
- Event Assistant
- Program and Event Assistant
- Program Leader, Program and Event Assistant
Your experience and responses will determine your rank.
Interview Date and Time: Dec 8, 2022 at 6:30PM
Location: All interviews will be conducted virtually this year.
Zoom link for the interview: If you have signed up successfully, please check under the "schedule" tab and click on the "i" icon for the zoon link.
Contact Person: Jackie Lee, Outreach Coordinator,
- Please arrive approximately 10 minutes early!
- Interviews will be conducted in a group setting (Up to 5 candidates per interviewer)
- You will be asked 4 short questions
- If you need to cancel your attendance, please make sure to remove your shift.
After the interview:
- Check your profile to see your interview rank.
- Successful candidates will gain access to our opportunities based on rank.
- Please explore other City opportunities and/or re-apply for an interview with us for the next season if you are not a successful candidate.
- A training session may happen after the interview or at a later date when you sign up for an activity.
Once you are successful in your interview, you may complete the other qualifications needed to volunteer (Police VSC, General Orientation Workshop.) See markham.ca/volunteering for more information.
- Age Must be at least 14 or 15 years old