Aaniin - Special Events Volunteer
Minimum Age: 14
As a Special Events Volunteer, you will be responsible for assisting with the delivery of event activities. Event participants range from toddlers to older adults. You will be required to assist staff with the various activities and ensuring they are successfully and safely delivered.
Role Responsibilities / Tasks:
Some of the tasks you might be asked as a Special Events Volunteer include (but are not limited to):
- Assist staff in running, and set up and take down of event activities.
- Assist in keeping event and storage areas safe and organized
- Assists the Program Instructor in supervising participant conduct to ensure participants’ safety and security throughout the event and notifies the Program Instructor of any inappropriate behaviour.
- Maintains positive, respectful relationships with Full-time Supervisors, Program Instructors, peers, participants and the public in all daily activities.
- Carries out all duties with the intention of providing quality customer service and an enjoyable experience for all participants.
- Customer Service: Very comfortable with serving the public in a positive manner and having knowledge about the event.
- Organized: Successfully perform tasks in a fast paced environment by working as a team.
- Inclusive: Communicate with all residents and visitors of all ages and abilities in a courteous and inclusive manner.
- Good verbal/written communication skills, customer service skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of campers, parents and staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
- Enthusiastic team player who works well with others and is friendly and approachable to the public.
- First aid Standard Certification
- HIGH FIVE Healthy Principles of Child Development Certification
- Be able to work Indoors and Outdoors depending on the event.
- This position will require active movements with participants, which include but not limited to repetitive bending at participant eye-level, safe lifting of equipment, e.t.c.
- This position might require long hours standing.
- Volunteers are never left alone with a participant without staff supervision.
Program Volunteers report directly to a Program Instructor during their given shift, however they also report to a full time Program Supervisor for administrative support (i.e. volunteer hours sign off).
Volunteers are required to work the full duration of their assigned program. Volunteers are encouraged to work a minimum of three sessions (i.e. Fall to Spring).
Volunteers are expected to wear a red City of Markham T-shirt that is labeled as “Volunteer”, and athletic black bottoms (i.e. pants, shorts) that are appropriate in length with closed-toe shoes.
You are invited to "sign-up" to this activity if you have both the appropriate set of skills and interest to help in this capacity. If the position is full, you can continue to sign-up using the “Backup List”. We will be sorting and filtering applications; you will be contacted if selected for the position. Once you are assigned, you will be expected to "confirm" online your shift(s).
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Develop amazing customer service and team work skills
- Learn important employability skills: such as leadership skills, communication skills, organizational skills, interpersonal skills, confidence
- Meet new friends and networking
- Making a difference in a community
- General Orientation Workshop Must be Yes
- Interview Must be at least Event Assistant
- Police Check (VSC) Must be Yes
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account