Trail Maintenance - Trail Maintenance Captain
Trail captains are the lead volunteer to oversee trail maintenance. They perform basic maintenance and a biweekly trail inspection of an assigned trail. If desired, trail captains can take on more responsibility and assist in invasive species removal and small construction projects. A trail captain may also request and help plan maintenance events with additional volunteers.
If you are interested contact Kyle Lunneberg at firstname.lastname@example.org or (760) 804-1969 to learn more.
Trail maintenance volunteers help to preserve and restore our beautiful lagoon and their work allows others to enjoy the lagoon to its fullest. We are seeking dedicated volunteers to maintain the 4 miles of trails surrounding the lagoon. There are both long term and short term opportunities for a variety of volunteers.
Basic trail maintenance includes (but is not limited to):
- Pruning native plant species and encroaching vegetation
- Removing native plant species
- Erosion control projects: planting native species to preserve soil's structural integrity, filling and tamping ruts created by the rain, diverting runoff with sandbags and straw wattles, concrete application, working to prevent sinkholes along a sea wall.
- Cleaning up trash and fishing line along trails
- Removing and/or painting over graffiti
- Updating flyers and signage at trail kiosks
- Other small projects in construction and restoration
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account