Library Learning Center - Early Literacy Tutor
Help young children with early reading skills so they will be able to read books at his/her grade level and to develop a life-long love for reading.
- Experience with young children.
- Ability to encourage children's learning abilities, often using stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play.
- Supporting the development of children's basic skills, including early reading, speech and communication.
- Observing, assessing and recording each child's progress.
- Educational background or tutoring experience is very helpful.
- Motivated to learn and grow in an educational environment and be patient and dedicated to helping children.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to follow guidelines and directions independently.
- A background check (Livescan fingerprinting) is required.
Commitment: 1 hour / week up to 14 weeks with the same child for lessons.Varied/mutually agreed upon between tutor and student. Volunteers will receive 4-8 hours of specific training.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account