Internships - Office Intern 2019 - Office of Councilmember Eric Guerra
Office of Councilmember Eric Guerra Internship
Volunteer Assignment Description
The District 6 Internship Program offers an exceptional opportunity to work with one of the most dynamic, energetic and progressive Council offices. Councilmember Guerra is seeking an unpaid intern immediately for the duration of one semester.
- General administrative tasks
- Answer and respond to constituent calls
- Assist staff on specific topics or projects
- Issue research
- Attend meetings
- Outreach to communities
- Photographing events
- Organize community events
- Other duties as assigned
- Develop press releases and newsletters
- Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week. Scheduling is flexible.
- Have an interest in city government and public service.
- Possess excellent customer service skills, strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and social media navigation tools
- Ability to work in fast paced environments
- Must provide own transportation. Parking will be provided.
Additional Skills Desired:
- Bilingual in Spanish/English/Cantonese/Mandarin/Vietnamese
- Graphic Design
Person supervising volunteer: Alejandro Cabrera, District Representative
Duration of assignment: Semester based
Hours: 20 hours per week.
Assignment location: 915 I Street, 5th Floor Sacramento, CA 95814
Benefits of Volunteering: As an intern you will have the opportunity to help improve the local community. You will be part of local government and get firsthand experience of what a career in public service is like.
Name: Alejandro Cabrera
Address: 915 I Street, 5th Floor Sacramento, CA 95814
Phone Number: (916) 808-7006
Special Consideration: Please acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions associated with this volunteer position, either with or without reasonable accommodation. If you require a reasonable accommodation, please contact the City’s Reasonable Accommodation coordinator at 916-808-8795.
Send your resume and cover letter to Alejandro Cabrera at email@example.com or apply online: http://bttr.im/k4o34
- Age Range Must be at least 18 or older
- High School, College or University Student Must be Enrolled Student