Special Events - Winter Wonderland
Celebrate the holiday season at Fairytale Town! Our storybook park will be open for play, trimmed with festive holiday décor and lit up with a dazzling display of lights, starting at dusk each night. Plus, don’t miss a flurry of snow fall nightly at 7PM near the Mother Goose Stage!
On the weekends, even more holiday fun awaits with hands-on activities, a holiday marketplace, Victorian carolers and more! Santa will also be making a special stop at Fairytale Town and will be available for visits and photos in his workshop, located in the Children’s Theater, from 3PM – 6PM. Photos will be available for purchase for an additional cost. Please Note: The Santa line closes at 6PM promptly.
Volunteers are needed to help with crafts, set-up and take down, general crowd control, greeter, and costumed characters.
Special Event Instructions
We look forward to having you volunteer with us, but please read this so that check-in goes smoothly!
- If you are a minor volunteering for the first time at Fairytale Town, you must have a "Minor Volunteer Permission Form" signed by a parent or guardian. If we do not have this form, unfortunately we will have to turn you away! Please have a parent or guardian fill out the permission form (can be found on our HERE) and return it to us in person the day of the event, or via fax or email email@example.com
- Dress Code: no open-toed shoes or flip-flops! If you arrive wearing open-toed shoes you will be turned away. No revealing or inappropriate clothing please. For Winter Wonderland we are asking all volunteers to wear Holiday, warm, winter, or red & green colored clothing. Santa hats or other costumes are encouraged!
- For special events you do not need to attend an orientation- we will do a short orientation before your shift. If you are interested in volunteering more, you will need to attend a full 2 hour orientation! The New Volunteer Orientations are available to sign-up for now. After you attend orientation, more volunteer opportunities will be visible to you through our Better Impact page.
- You will do 3 things upon arrival: 1. Sign-in (we ask all volunteers sign-in and out for their shifts) 2. Put on a name tag 3. Receive your job assignment
- After you do those 3 things you will have some time to orient yourself to the park. Find the bathrooms, exits, main office, stage, etc. in case you are asked questions. Set up your stations and get ready for your activities, locate supplies and get ready to have some fun! We will do a pre-opening rally for everyone (staff and volunteers) who are here before we open to the public.
- Please log into your myvolunteerpage.com and confirm your shifts! If it is not on your schedule, you did not complete the sign-up process.
- Check-in will happen at the BACK GATE! Do not go to the front gate, see map. Please do not be late to your shift! We start our pre-event orientations on time and if you miss orientation we might have to turn you away.
- Please plan on staying for your entire shift!
There are many ways to volunteer at Fairytale Town. If you are interested in the Volun-Teen program or other volunteer positions, please email Topaz Bess at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to having you as a Fairytale Town Volunteer!
If you have any questions, please contact me (916) 808-2682.
Yours in service,
This activity generally occurs on
- Thursday - Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Afternoon, Evening, Through the night
- Saturday - Afternoon, Evening, Through the night
- Sunday - Afternoon, Evening, Through the night
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account