Internships - Administrative Policy Intern
Administrative Policy Intern
Volunteer Assignment Description
Importance of Position: This position will play an important role in the development of a human resources policy framework and the comprehensive review of human resources policies.
Skills, qualifications or requirements for assignment:
- Analytical skills
- Detailed oriented
- Strong writing skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to follow through
Duties and Responsibilities (List specific tasks to be done by the volunteer):
- Assist with human resources policy analysis and documentation
- Assist with transitioning policies into new framework
- Assist with overall project management
Training Provided: The volunteer will assist with the above tasks under the supervision of a lead program specialist. The lead program specialist will provide the volunteer with direction, instructions, and training. Training will include an overview of the project objectives and desired outcomes. Training will also include instructions and guidelines on conducting policy analysis – key areas of focus, information extraction, documentation of observations, and development of recommendations (to align policies with new framework).
Person supervising volunteer: Sally Ly, Program Specialist
Duration of assignment: Three to six months
Assignment location: Sacramento, California (Old City Hall)
Benefits of Volunteering:
- Gain substantive and versatile work experience in the Human Resources field
- Strengthen analytical and project management skills
- Gain hands-on experience conducting policy analysis
- Strengthen knowledge of compliance best practices
- Networking opportunities
Grounds for Termination: Volunteers will not be considered employees of the City of Sacramento. All volunteers serve The City of Sacramento at will, and either the City of Sacramento or the volunteer may terminate the arrangement without notice or consideration.
Sally Ly, Program Specialist
(916) 808-8907 – Office
Special Consideration: Please acknowledge that you are able to perform the essential functions associated with this volunteer position, either with or without reasonable accommodation. If you require a reasonable accommodation please contact the City’s Reasonable Accommodation coordinator at 916-808-8795.
- Age Range Must be at least 18 or older
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account