Duke of Ed - Duke of Ed - Bushcare
Do you have a passion for the environment? Do you care for your local bushland or wish you knew more about the native flora in The Hills Shire?
The Hills Shire Council is looking for enthusiastic and energetic Duke of Edinbugh volunteers who can assist us with the management and maintenance of local bush land by joining one of our many Bushcare volunteer groups.
Groups meet on a regular basis, either weekly, fortnightly or monthly and assist to regenerate and protect a specified area of Council bush land.
Your local Bushcare group can be found here
Carry out a variety of tasks including but not limited to:
- Fauna and flora monitoring as a measure of biodiversity.
- Weed removal and control.
- Revegetation works.
- Contributions to grant applications; photos and marketing of bushcare.
- Seed collection, cleaning and propagation at the community nursery.
- Attend training days if available.
- Track maintenance.
- Report workplace hazards where appropriate take action to eliminate such hazards.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with the wider community, customers and other stakeholders.
- Present a positive image of Council and its organisation.
- Undertake other duties as required
- Enthusiasm and a genuine concern for the natural environment.
- Willingness to undertake training in the methods of bush regeneration.
- Ability to attend as many on-site work days as possible.
- Willingness to work towards the goals and objectives of The Hills Shire Council Bushcare Program.
- All Bushcare activities are coordinated by a Hills Shire Council employee
- All training required will be provided by The Hills Shire Council
- All equipment required will be provided by The Hills Shire Council
This activity generally occurs on
- Saturday - Morning, Afternoon
- Sunday - Morning, Afternoon