People & Culture - People & Culture Administration Volunteer
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The People and Culture Unit sits within the Executive and Governance team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. The role of People & Culture is to ensure that staff and volunteers are productive, happy and engaged during their time with Oxfam.
This volunteer role will support the People & Culture Unit with transitioning from paper files to a cloud based filing system. In addition, there will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to continue in the team assisting the Head of People & Culture with communications to staff and volunteers at Oxfam.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
- Assisting with file transition from a local drive to our cloud based filing system; including:
- setting up appropriate file paths
- migration of files and folders.
- Assistance with scanning of files onto a cloud based filing system to reduce paper usage
Optional ongoing tasks
- Develop and distribute a monthly HR newsletter to staff and volunteers
- Other administrative tasks as requested
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Experience with data migration is desirable
- Confident with navigating an online filing system
- Administrative experience is desirable
- Attention to detail
- Effective time management skills
- Commitment to the role and to Oxfam Australia’s values
- Training will be provided by the People & Culture business partner
- Introduction to Oxfam via the Volunteer Induction process
- Ongoing supervision and support as needed
Start date: 01.03.2021
Finish date: 28.04.2021 at the completion scanning documents or ongoing for optional tasks
Days/hours per week: Monday and/or Wednesday
Can the task/s be performed outside the office and/or office hours? Some tasks can be performed from home. The scanning of files will need to be done in the Oxfam Carlton office
Will the position involve access to financial or personal details? Yes
There is no requirement to travel for this position.
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, OAU takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within OAU are required to understand and comply with the Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
A police check is required for this position.
A reference check is required for this position
- Agreement to Oxfam Policies Must be Agreed
- Police Check Must be Completed