Programs: Management & Accountability Unit - Program Data Administration Volunteer
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
The Programs: Management & Accountability Unit is the main interface between Oxfam Australia and Oxfam International countries and regions, managing the relationship between countries and our oversight requirements including contract management, compliance and quality, ensuring that activities align with the strategic priorities of Gender Justice, Climate Justice, Economic Justice and First People’s Justice. The unit engages with donors and fundraising teams to ensure the value of our work is communicated effectively and promotes further business development and funding opportunities.
This volunteer role will assist the Contract Management Officer and the PMA unit with work relating to carrying out an electronic file audit and other associated administrative activities as outlined below.
We promote diversity and practice equity. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are encouraged to apply.
QUALIFICATIONS/ SKILLS/ ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
Start date: 01/03/2021
Finish date: 30/06/2021
Days/hours per week: 1 - 2 day/s per week, day is flexible
Can the task/s be performed outside the office and/or office hours? Yes
Will the position involve access to financial or personal details? Yes
- There is no requirement to travel for this position.
As an agency undertaking work both nationally and internationally and in humanitarian response, OAU takes its duty of care seriously to safeguard children and recognises that it must meet community expectations and the trust placed in its personnel to maintain the highest standards of conduct with children. Therefore, all positions within OAU are required to understand and comply with the Child Safeguarding Code of Conduct.
- This role requires access to information relating to children – a valid Working with Children Check is required for this position.
- A police check is required for this position.
- Two reference checks are required for this position
- Initial commencement and training will take place at Oxfam Australia’s Melbourne office located in Carlton with the option for the successful applicant to continue volunteering either in-person or remotely from home. The successful applicant will be required when in the office to follow all directions outlined in Oxfam Australia’s Melbourne COVID-safe plan document.
- Agreement to Oxfam Policies Must be Agreed
- Police Check Must be Completed