Mesa Fire and Medical Department Connector Program
The application window for the Connector Program will be open from 2/25/19 through 3/15/19. Get information and apply here!
The Connector Program requires a one year commitment with the ability to volunteer for 15 hours per month.
Connectors respond to some 911 calls and they also do customer home visits.
We are a customer service focused program. We provide customer service & support to our internal department customers. We also provide customer service and education to Mesa residents and community members. We do not utilize firefighting skills or use EMT skills. We strictly provide customer service. We provide the following services:
- Fire crew support
- Motorist Assistance: Changing a tire, jumping a battery, giving fuel
- Transportation: Medic Retrievals and customer transports after an accident
- Food boxes
- Smoke Alarm Assistance: Installations and battery changes
- Emergency and Disaster Assistance: Sand Bag Assistance
- PD Assists: Missing person searches
- Special events: Host a table with educational materials
- Apply Online
- Complete paperwork and sign-up for an interview
- Attend the overview session
- Attend an interview
- Complete a background check/Driving clearance
- Attend training
- Start your Connector training shifts