Temporary Volunteer - Park Aide Volunteer
Tasks and activities of this volunteer position may include the following:
- Assist with special events, set-up, demonstrations and clean-up
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Research & document artifacts and catalog them as necessary in the PastPerfect cataloging system
- Photogragh objects
- Build custom housing/boxes/containers for critical condition objects
- Assist with the gardens and grounds
- Other duties as assigned and agree upon
This activity occurs between Saturday, January 01, 2022 and Sunday, December 31, 2023
About Battle of Lexington State Historic Site
People called Oliver Anderson’s house “the best arranged dwelling house west of St. Louis.” But it became more famous as the center of a bloody three-day Civil War battle in 1861. Walk through the Anderson House at Battle of Lexington State Historic Site and marvel at the bullet holes still in the walls and evidence of the cannon shots. The battlefield is peaceful now, dotted with orchards and gardens, but battle scars remain. A visitor center provides a comprehensive view of the battle that raised Southern spirits that the war was winnable and made Unionists in Missouri think twice about whether they could hold the state. The site is located in the town of Lexington and is one of the closest Civil War sites to Interstate 70.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account