2024 Campground Host - CG#1 Host - August 2024
Host Schedule: Days off during the week - will be agreed upon by hosts & park staff
Prefer hosts who:
- Own or have knowledge of off-road vehicles
- Would commit to a longer stay
Host Duties include:
- Post reservation cards each morning and pull expired tags daily (2 p.m.). Make contact with people who have not registered.
- Make first contact with non-compliant campers and educate them on the Rules and Regulations.
- Follow Rules and Regulations in order to set an example for all campers.
- Inform visitors of park, camping and off-road vehicle (ORV) rules and regulations
- Maintain bulletin boards in the campground
- Sell firewood as needed and account for revenue collected
- Collect trash throughout the campground and specifically, small trash from individual campsites.
- Monitor the shower house and pit latrines for cleanliness. Take care of minor problems (restock toilet paper, etc.). Contact park staff for major problems.
- Communicate with park staff on a regular basis regarding the availability and status of sites.
- Perform light custodial work
- Submit time sheets
This activity occurs between Thursday, August 01, 2024 and Saturday, August 31, 2024
About St. Joe State Park
The roar of engines breaks the stillness of the Old Lead Belt at St. Joe State Park, one of two off-road vehicle parks in the state park system. The many trails set aside for off-road vehicle use make the park the premiere off-road vehicle area. The park also features four lakes, two swimming beaches, equestrian trails, a hiking and bicycling trail, a water trail and picnic sites, as well as two campgrounds capable of accommodating campers with ORV or horse trailers.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account