Trail Worker - Trail Worker
Tasks and activities of this volunteer position may include the following:
- Monitor trail conditions and report any concerns to Park Superintendent
- Advise park staff on best trail maintenance/management practices
- Organize/lead volunteer groups on trail work days addressing trail conditions, invasive species removal, picking up trash and downing hazardous trees or other vegetation
- Set good example for the public by following State Park rules and regulations, as well as interacting with the public in a friendly, professional manner
- Collect trail and infrastructure data using GPS
- Compile collected data and create map for public and park staff use
- Clear trails of sticks, trash, leaf litter and other debris. Assist with other trail maintenance duties as requested
- Volunteer will not use park tools or equipment without first receiving permission from Park Superintendent. If permission is given, volunteer will then coordinate with maintenance staff to ensure no scheduling conflicts with equipment.
- When using power equipment or addressing any potentially dangerous situation, volunteer will utilize the "buddy system" i.e. have a partner with you.
- Inform Park Superintendent anytime that you will be working in park, but especially if you'll be alone or working before or after normal park operating hours.
- Volunteer will not create any trail re-routes or work arounds without first speaking with Park Superintendent and receiving permission to do so.
- Walk/hike/run trail
This activity occurs between Monday, January 01, 2024 and Wednesday, December 31, 2025
About St. Francois State Park
The forested ridges and cool hollows of St. Francois State Park offer visitors a retreat from everyday life. Three hiking trails, including one that allows equestrian access, wind through the wooded hills and glades of the Coonville Creek Wild Area. Easy access to the Big River makes St. Francois State Park ideal for canoeing and floating and the many shaded picnic sites and two covered shelters make the park perfect for family gatherings. Overnight guests can choose from more than 100 campsites, in campgrounds with modern restrooms, hot showers and laundry facilities.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account