2024 Campground Host - Campground Host - Site #50 - May 2024
Host Duties include:
- Collect camp fees at the check station during the posted hours or site-to-site when the check station is closed; Register all campers and enter information and collected monies into computer/cash drawer
- Check computer reservation arrival list for current updates
- Post reservation tickets at campsites. Monitor other sites for occupancy and substantial property, etc. Insure permits are posted and pull expired camping permits from campsite number posts.
- Provide information and assistance to campers in a friendly manner, advise campers of rules violations and resolve minor problems in a professional manner. Report problems to the park superintendent.
- Pick up litter and empty trash cans on bicycle trail.
- Pick up campsite litter and check shower house for toilet paper, cleanliness or maintenance problems.
This activity occurs between Wednesday, May 01, 2024 and Friday, May 31, 2024
About Watkins Woolen Mill State Park and State Historic Site
Stepping on to the grounds of Watkins Woolen Mill State Historic Site is like stepping into 19th century pastorale. Many of the buildings that Waltus Watkins spent half a century building – including an elegant home and a three-story woolen mill – have been preserved to give visitors a sense of life in the 1870s. The mill is the only 19th century textile mill in the United States with its original machinery still intact. The site's visitor center offers an introduction to the Watkins family and their many business ventures.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyImpactPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account