Organizing and Planning - Event Planner for Volunteer Recognition
Coordinate Volunteer Appreciation Event for hospital, Yucalta Lodge and Public Health voluteers. The responsibilities include: sending out invitations; tracking rsvps; booking speakers, entertainment and venues; booking caterers, decorating venue; and supporting event volunteers. See below for details on responsibilities.
This volunteer assignment has flexible hours. A timeline with deadlines will be created to support the management of tasks leading up to the event.
- Event Planning and Production
- Assist with any negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations of the Coordinator of Volunteers.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revised room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors/service providers on event-related matters.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- Close out all events as required.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Coordinator of Volunteers
- Keep track of event and report expenses to Coordinator of Volunteers
- Event Administration:
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports to Manager, Volunteer Resources
- Keep track of event and report expenses to Manager, Volunteer Resources
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Tuesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Wednesday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Thursday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
- Friday - Morning, Afternoon, Evening
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account