International Adult Co-ed Soccer - Program Assistant
The Immigrant Welcome Centre in Campbell River is seeking a Program Assistant for their International Adult Co-ed Soccer program. The International Adult Co-ed Soccer program is a free indoor soccer program geared to all adults, where they can come out to connect with people from all over the globe in a fun and healthy way.
How to Apply:
Please contact Deborah Hall at 250-830-0171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
POSITION SUMMARY: The program assistant for the International Adult Co-ed Soccer program will assist the program coordinator with registrations, attendance, data entry and other duties as requested.
TIME COMMITMENT: Minimum 6 month commitment is preferred, Program runs from mid-September to the end of April. This position requires an individual who can commit to approx. two (2) hours a week, approx 1 hour on evening of program and 1 hour for other work, schedule to be determined. The International Adult Co-ed Soccer program meets every Tuesday from 7:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., except during Winter and Spring break and during any other school closures.
- Personal Credibility – Demonstration concern that one be perceived as responsible, reliable, trustworthy
- Customer Orientation – The ability to demonstrate concern for satisfying one’s external and / or internal customers
- Initiative – Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- Attention to Detail – Ensuring that one’s own and others; work and information are complete and accurate
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet program attendees and visitors.
- Take program attendance, ensuring that regular and new attendees have signed in on the proper sign in sheet.
- Assist attendees with filling out program registration form, ensuring that all forms are filled in completely.
- Add new registrations to regular attendee sign in sheet and return sign in sheets and new registration forms to the IWC Office.
- Assist with maintaining the program activity sheet in Google docs.
- Create and maintain attendee contact list for the program coordinator.
- Assist with collecting information for reporting purposes.
- Assist with contacting attendees to remind them about program sessions and about cancellations via phone or e-mail only as requested.
- May assist the coordinator with planning celebrations for program (e.g. holiday party) as requested.
- Liase with IWC staff around the program registration and attendance process and participant referrals to settlement services.
- Attend Volunteer Orientation.
- Must be personable and able to develop positive rapport with individuals while maintaining a strong sense of professionalism.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office.
- Must have the ability to work collaboratively as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and experience maintaining confidentiality, appropriate boundaries with other staff, volunteers and clients in a professionally assertive manner.
- Must complete a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check (provided by the Immigrant Welcome Centre at no charge to the volunteer.
PREFERRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience working with diverse persons in the community.
This position description is meant to be thorough, but it is not exhaustive.
I would like to volunteer
Already use MyVolunteerPage.com to volunteer with this organization?
Log in to your account