Client Services Volunteer
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a Client Services Volunteer for the Health Equipment Loan Program. Reporting to the Coordinator this position will be the frontline contact for in-person and telephone inquiries from the public. Client Service volunteers dispense and receive equipment that is being loaned or returned and complete the necessary documentation for same, and perform minor repairs and cleaning of equipment when required.
The Canadian Red Cross Health Equipment Loan Program - Short Term Loan Service lends medical equipment (with medical referral) to people in need, on a donation basis.
- Complies with the program policies and procedures and is familiar with the equipment provided through this service.
- Provides excellent customer service to clients, both in-person and over the phone
- Documents all necessary information related to the loaning and return of medical equipment
- Encourages, received and secures donations in support of the program and/or other Red Cross appeals
- As required, accesses the Red Cross computer network and the HELP database to enter equipment loans, returns and client notes
- Excellent customer service skills
- Fluent in spoken and written English, knowledge of other languages is an asset
- Comfortable with basic paperwork and have legible printing/writing and may also be required to have basic computer skills or the willingness to learn them
- Knowledge of medical equipment is an asset
- Must be a minimum of 19 years of age or will work under the supervision of an adult at all times
We are seeking volunteers who can commit to a minimum of six months service. Ideally volunteers will be available on an on-going basis. We are currently seeking volunteers available to fill one or more 3 hour shifts Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Training and Development
- Red Cross orientation and trainings as required including Introduction to the Movement and Introduction to Volunteerism
- Equipment overview and customer service training provided
- Prevention Disease Transmission training provided
Quinsam Professional Building,
Suite 140, 520 Second Avenue, Campbell River, BC V9W 6G2
This activity generally occurs on
- Monday Morning
- Wednesday Morning
- Friday Morning