Volunteering for YPRL
Yarra Plenty Regional Library is generously supported by the efforts of over 100 enthusiastic volunteers. We value the diversity, skills and experiences that volunteers bring, and rely on the valuable support of volunteers throughout Banyule, Nillumbik and Whittlesea to add to the vibrancy and spirit of services we provide our communities. Volunteering is a great way to develop skills, meet new people, and be involved in your local community.
Guidelines for Volunteering with Yarra Plenty Regional Library:
- You must be at least 16 years of age to volunteer with us;
- Depending on the role we usually ask that you can commit to 3-6 months of volunteering with us, however some roles may be for a shorter period;
- Volunteers are appointed through recruitment and selection processes which include relevant security and screening checks;
- It is important that you understand and acknowledge that volunteering for YPRL is not a path to employment;
- You must be committed to our organisational values and genuinely want to extend and enhance our library services.
About Yarra Plenty Regional Library
To register your interest in volunteering at YPRL, please complete our online application form via the library links on the left-hand side of this page.
If you’re someone who would like to build connections in the community, gain skills and have the satisfaction that you are making a difference and contributing to the wider community, please apply now!
Please note: All volunteers at Yarra Plenty Regional Library are required to undergo our recruitment and selection process which includes relevant security and screening checks. Those over the age of 18 must submit a valid National Police Check and Working with Children Check.