At Volunteer Victoria we believe that volunteers turn ideas into reality and potential into probability. We believe that volunteering changes the way people feel about themselves because volunteers connect with places, causes, and ideas that matter. We believe that everyone, regardless of age or stage of life deserves an opportunity to volunteer and to make a difference.
About Our Charity
Providing leadership to the non profit community since 1974, Volunteer Victoria is the primary volunteer recruitment and learning centre for the Greater Victoria Region. Guided by the principles of civil society we enrich the quality of life in our community through volunteer involvement.
Our Mission is to Inspire Everyone to Volunteer!
Our vision is that volunteering is a pillar in everyone’s life.
How does Volunteer Victoria creates impact? With the support of more than 50 dedicated volunteers, we:
- recruit 16,000+ volunteers annually
- provide volunteer advising appointments and assistance to first time and returning volunteers of all ages and stages of life
- design and deliver training, workshops, and learning with a focus on volunteer and non profit management to volunteers, board members, and staff
- celebrate volunteers and the many ways that volunteer led initiatives shape neigbourhoods, communities, governments, and environments
- build tools and resources to help volunteer managers and organizations that recruit volunteers
Volunteer Victoria’s core values and guiding principles inform how we achieve our mission and vision and the ways we build and steward relationships with our communities of practice and partners.