Welcome to the Action for Children Volunteering Opportunities Page!
Who Can Volunteer?
Anyone can be an Action for Children! We don't have an upper age limit, but you'll need to be at least 14 years old to volunteer- some of our roles will require people to be at least 16 or 18. Whatever your skills and experience, and however much time you can offer, we have a volunteering opportunity for you. You’ll get support and training if you need it, and you'll make a real difference.
Action for Children is passionate about promoting equality, valuing diversity and working inclusively. We welcome applications from all persons particularly people with Disabilities and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic applicants, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
What Will You be Doing?
We have a variety of roles at Action for Children, and are constantly expanding our offer. Whether you want to provide one-off support at our fundraising events, regular frontline volunteering in a children's centre or assisting with behind the scenes business support, know that you'll be contributing to provide safe and happy childhoods across the UK.
Why Volunteer With Action for Children?
- Make a Difference- Not only will you be working to change the lives of vulnerable children across the UK. Volunteers are fully embedded in the Action for Children community, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to shape our policies and the way we operate.
- Feel rewarded - Using your time to give something back feels amazing.
- Meet like-minded people - Our volunteers are as diverse as our roles. Volunteering is a great way to meet other people with similar interests within your community.
- Wellbeing- Volunteering can have a positive impact on your mental health by hitting the 3 ACE factors; Achieve, Connect, Enjoy. We have a range of activities to boost your physical and mental wellbeing from cheering at events, sports days with the children, wellbeing workshops and access to Healthassured services.
- Learning & Development- All of our volunteers can access a catalogue of E-Learning courses and projects will offer role specific training where necessary. We support you in your professional development by providing references and access to internal vacancies. Volunteering can be a great stepping stone in your personal development where people want to work on areas like confidence as we are flexible to meet your needs and create an open environment for you to feel comfortable in.
How to Find an Opportunity and Apply?
Please use the menu on the left (or below on mobile) to browse our volunteering opportunities by location or role type to find out more. When you see a role you're interested in, hit the 'fill out an application form' button.
Any questions? Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can call 0151 226 6577
* Pop-Up Shops- England South
* Aberdeen Priority Families
* CORNWALL S.P.A.C.E.
* Early Childhood and Family Service – West Norfolk
* Plymouth Children's Centres
* Gwynedd & Ynys Mon Young Carers
Starting Well Partnership South Worcestershire
* Here4Me - Berkshire
* Ballymena & Little Steps Sure Start
* Staffordshire Community Support
How Action for Children works
From before they are born until they are into their twenties, we help disadvantaged children across the UK. We help them through fostering or adoption – and by intervening early to stop neglect and abuse. We make life better for disabled children. We influence policy and advocate for change. Our 7,000 staff and volunteers operate over 600 services, improving the lives of 370,000 children, teenagers, parents and carers every year. We succeed by doing what’s right, doing what’s needed, and doing what works for children.