Council is taking steps to help prevent COVID-19 from spreading and to protect the community. Non-essential Council-organised events and gatherings are being cancelled or rescheduled as a measure to help decrease the risk of infections which means that Council volunteering activities are now suspended until further notice. We apologise for any inconvenience.
Welcome to Ipswich City Council's Volunteer Portal
Ipswich City Council is proud to have over 200 valued volunteers who contribute significantly to many of Council's programs and services.
Volunteering can be a highly rewarding experience with a number of benefits:
- Learn, develop new skills, knowledge and experiences;
- Build confidence;
- Meet new people;
- Improve your communication skills;
- Work in a creative, fun and flexible environment;
- Give back to the community and know that you are playing a part in helping and supporting the community.
Who can Volunteer?
Age requirements are dependent on the type of volunteer role. Please refer to program role descriptions for minimum age requirements.
Below is a list of Council's current volunteer opportunities. You can also browse the opportunities tab to the left or enter a keyword into the search box.
Listed volunteer opportunities include an overview of the program and a brief role description to allow you to select a position that best meets your skills, interests and time commitments.
Volunteers are required to:
• Undergo screening and assessment for suitability to undertake the role they are applying for and, if successful, volunteers will then undertake induction and training.
• Adhere to our policies and procedures, Code of Conduct, the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and Work Health and Safety Regulations 2011.
Our commitment to volunteers:
Council is committed to ensuring the management of volunteers is undertaken in accordance with Volunteering Australia's "National Standards for Volunteer Involvement" and strives to pursue the highest possible standard for a supportive, safe and healthy work environment for all volunteers.
How to apply:
View current opportunities and apply. To request a paper-based application form, please call (07) 3810 6666 or send an email to email@example.com
Please note that from time to time volunteer programs reach capacity and are not able to provide volunteer placements.
What happens next?
Once the application is received, an officer will contact you regarding the volunteer opportunity.
Ipswich City Council engages volunteers for the purpose of supplementing and extending the services, performances and activities offered by Council.
Volunteers are able to contribute many unique talents, skills and knowledge to provide additional and personalised service to clients.