Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the RAF Museum.
To sign up to our mailing list, please create an account with us (left hand side box) or sign into your account (right hand box). Once signed up, you will receive e-mails from us, letting you know about our latest volunteering opportunities.
If at any time you wish to be removed from the mailing list, please get in contact with us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org confirming your name and e-mail address.
It is important that we provide clear expectations to all involved in the Volunteering Programme. These expectations are our equivalent to a Volunteering Agreement.
We ask our volunteers to agree to:
- Care about our collection and be committed to upholding the RAFM vision, purpose and values
- Act with integrity and work together with other volunteers and staff, sharing knowledge and information with them when necessary and appropriate
- Deal with people fairly and recognise the needs of individuals
- Attend briefings and training when required
- Commit to helping us regularly (whatever that means to them)
- Follow Museum policies and procedures
- Working safely within agreed practices
- Embrace, engage and participate in developing their volunteering experience
- Adhere to our commitment to diversity and equality
- Respect and help us to deliver our values ‘InSPIRE’.
The Museum’s commitment to volunteers is to:
- Provide a clear written description of their volunteering role with us.
- Have an induction to the RAF Museum, their role, and where they will be volunteering.
- Provide training, support and supervision while they are volunteering with us.
- Provide insurance while they are volunteering for us.
- Reimburse travel expenses within daily allowances and any other agreed out-of-pocket expenses
- Treat all volunteers fairly, with dignity and respect
- Provide a regular flow of information updating them with what’s happening in the Museum.
This agreement should not be taken as creating any legally binding obligations or rights for either the Royal Air Force Museum or any of its volunteers and does not form part of any contract, whether of employment or otherwise.
ment or otherwise.