Thank you for wanting to volunteer with HSNEI! We depend on volunteers for quality animal care and socialization. Following are expectations for our valuable volunteers:
- Volunteers need to be 14 years old to volunteer alone, and 10 years old to volunteer with a parent.
- Volunteers are expected to volunteer at least 4 hours per month to remain active and knowledgeable on HSNEI practices and policies
- Volunteers are expected to keep the shifts they commit to or give advanced notice if they cannot attend. Not showing up for shifts results in animals not receiving needed care and attention.
- Volunteers are expected to treat all animals, volunteers and staff with respect.
- All dogs must be on leash at all times, unless supervised in a dog yard, and all cats must be supervised when out of condos or on the catio.
PRIOR TO VOLUNTEERING
- Submit this volunteer application.
- Read and acknowledge the volunteer release and waiver of liability by submitting this application.
- Complete the online volunteer orientation.
- Use this site to sign up for volunteer shifts so that the staff may ensure animal care is covered for the day.