Lutheran Community Care's Code of Conduct
Thank you for taking the next step to join our rewarding volunteer team. We are thrilled that you are ready to express interest in a role and ask that you first read and agree to our Code of Conduct below.
Lutheran Community Care values the contribution volunteers make to the quality of work undertaken by the agency and recognises and respects the great variety of natural and developed skills that Volunteers offer.
Lutheran Community Care aligns with the Definition of Volunteering and accompanying explanatory notes, as set out by Volunteering Australia. In line with this commitment, volunteers operate within designated volunteer roles and do not replace paid workers. The role that volunteers play in LCC is unique and differs from that of an unpaid staff member.
Lutheran Community Care is committed to undertaking appropriate recruitment practices and to providing a safe, fair and healthy workplace for its volunteers. This will be achieved through ensuring that all volunteers undergo an induction process and receive the training and support necessary to assist them to perform their role.
As LCC volunteers have contact with vulnerable people, particularly children, they are required to undertake a DHS Working with Children Check. LCC can refuse to accept a volunteer if a screening is unsatisfactory or there is no suitable positions available.
1. Comply with all Lutheran Community Care instructions, policies and guidelines governing their conduct.
2. Perform their duties honestly and with professionalism and integrity.
3. Take reasonable care to protect their own health and safety and the health and the safety of others.
4. Treat everyone with respect, courtesy, consideration, sensitivity, fairness and equity and without harassment or intimidating behaviours.
5. Demonstrate understanding and commitment to sustaining and enhancing the organisation’s culture of safety, respect and non-violence.
6. Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by persons in LCC who have authority to give the direction.
7. Maintain appropriate confidentiality about dealings with clients or staff.
8. Use LCC resources in a proper manner.
9. Disclose and avoid real or apparent conflicts of interest.
10. Be conscientious in the performance of their duties and scrupulous in the use of equipment and facilities.
11. Exercise proper standards of financial management and accounting at all times.
12. Dress appropriately and responsibly for their duties with particular concern for safety.
13. Attend work free from the influence of alcohol or non-prescription drugs.
14. Not use their position to further either their own interest or the interests of friends or relatives.
15. At all times behave in a way that upholds LCC’s Philosophy and Values and their integrity and good reputation.
16. Conduct themselves in their private capacities in a manner that will not reflect seriously and/or adversely on LCC or fellow volunteers/employees.