Thank you for your interest in joining the Exploratorium community.
Our Internship Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
- provide you with appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for professional development.
You agree to:
- fulfill the terms of the internship opportunity as described; notify the Intern Manager and host department if you need to redefine your commitment or conduct an exit interview;
- complete all four tasks described in Welcome Letter;
- respond promptly to communications from the host department and Intern Manager, including text and e-mail;
- abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- review the information specific to your role and your school's requirements;
- use the ENVOY registration system for every site visit and follow Health & Safety guidelines;
- wear your Exploratorium I.D. Badge while on-site;
- accurately record your intern hours using BetterImpact;
- grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Intern Engagement;
- respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information; accept the museum's right to counsel or possibly dismiss you if you fail to comply with the guidelines.