Our Internship Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
- provide you with appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
You agree to:
- fulfill the terms of the volunteer internship opportunity as described; notify the manager of Volunteer Engagement if you need to redefine your commitment or to conduct an exit interview;
- respond promptly to communications from the Volunteer Engagement team, including phone calls, e-mail, newsletters, and invitations;
- abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- review the information specific to your volunteer situation
- wear your Exploratorium I.D. Badge while on site;
- accurately record your volunteer hours in the log book;
- grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Volunteer Engagement;
- respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information; accept the manager of Volunteer Engagement department’s right to counsel you or possibly dismiss you if you fail to comply with the guidelines.