Our Summer 2020 Welcome to Work Internship application period has closed. Applicants will be updated regarding their status in the upcoming weeks. If you have questions, feel free to reach out to email@example.com.
Applicants for our fall semester or the 2020-21 academic year may use the application shared below.
Our Internship Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
- provide you with appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
You agree to:
- fulfill the terms of the volunteer internship opportunity as described; notify the manager of Volunteer Engagement if you need to redefine your commitment or to conduct an exit interview;
- respond promptly to communications from the Volunteer Engagement team, including phone calls, e-mail, newsletters, and invitations;
- abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- review the information specific to your volunteer situation
- wear your Exploratorium I.D. Badge while on site;
- accurately record your volunteer hours in the log book;
- grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Volunteer Engagement;
- respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information; accept the manager of Volunteer Engagement department’s right to counsel you or possibly dismiss you if you fail to comply with the guidelines.