Youth Volunteer and Workplace Learning Experience Applications (Ages 15 - 18)
Thank you for your interest in joining the Exploratorium.
Volunteer and Workplace Learning Experience applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Placements for the Fall High School Explainer Volunteer cohort have been announced - congratulations to the volunteers who are joining this August 31st!
If you are seeking a paid role, please visit the High School Explainers: How to Apply page. Paid roles have a separate application process.
Prior to applying, please note:
- This form must be completed by the applicant.
- The minimum age to volunteer is 15 (with limited placement).
Our Volunteer Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
- provide you with appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
You agree to:
- fulfill the terms of the volunteer opportunity as described;
- notify the manager of Volunteer Engagement if you need to redefine your commitment or to conduct an exit interview;
- respond promptly to communications from the Volunteer Office, including phone calls, e-mail, newsletters, and invitations;
- abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- review the information specific to your volunteer situation
- wear your Exploratorium Volunteer I.D. Badge while serving as a volunteer;
- accurately record your volunteer hours in the log book;
- grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Volunteer Engagement;
- respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information;
- accept the manager of Volunteer Engagement’s right to counsel you (and/or members of your group if you are part of a group that is volunteering) or possibly dismiss you or your group from the Volunteer Program if you fail to comply with the guidelines.