Exploratorium Individual Volunteer Application Form
We are currently offering online interviews for the adult program.
Our Teen Volunteer Program will remain on hiatus through 2024.
While our teen volunteer program remains on hiatus, the paid HIGH SCHOOL EXPLAINER PROGRAM will be hiring for the Summer Session starting March 1st, 2024.
Our Volunteer Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
Provide you with appropriate orientation, support, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
Communicate with you about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
- Honor your request for a hiatus or withdrawal from an assignment.
You agree to:
Fulfill the terms of the volunteer opportunity as described, or connect to discuss;
- Respond promptly to and cc the Volunteer Office on all museum communications;
Abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff and honor mandatory sign-in via the ENVOY system;
Wear your Exploratorium Volunteer I.D. Badge at all times while serving;
Accurately record your volunteer hours in the MyImpact system;
Grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum;
Respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information;
- Notify the Volunteer Manager if you need to redefine or end your commitment;
- Accept the Volunteer Manager's right to counsel you (and/or members of your group) or possibly dismiss you (or your group) from the Volunteer Program if you fail to comply with the guidelines. In keeping with the definition and spirit of volunteering, you must not campaign for paid employment during service.
- Acknowledge that this is an at-will role in a project-based program; once a project is completed, the museum may or may not be able to offer additional opportunities.