Exploratorium Individual Volunteer Application Form
We are currently offering online interviews for the adult program.
Our Teen Volunteer Program will remain on hiatus through 2023.
While our teen volunteer program remains on hiatus, the paid HIGH SCHOOL EXPLAINER PROGRAM is hiring.
Our Group Volunteer Program is seeking a Volunteer Service Day helper! Please let us know if you are available to volunteer mornings between 7:30am and 10:30am to prepare supplies and assist with orientations.
Our Volunteer Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to:
Provide you with appropriate orientation, support, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
Communicate with you about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
- Honor your request for a hiatus or withdrawal from an assignment.
You agree to:
Fulfill the terms of the volunteer opportunity as described, or connect to discuss;
- Respond promptly to and cc the Volunteer Office on all museum communications;
Abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff and honor Cal-OSHA requirement to sign in via the ENVOY system;
Wear your Exploratorium Volunteer I.D. Badge at all times while serving;
Accurately record your volunteer hours in the Better Impact system;
Grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum;
Respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information;
- Notify the Volunteer Manager if you need to redefine or end your commitment;
- Accept the Volunteer Manager's right to counsel you (and members of your group) or possibly dismiss you (or your group) from the Volunteer Program if you fail to comply with the guidelines.
- Acknowledge that this is an at-will role in a project-based program; once a project is completed, the museum may or may not be able to offer additional opportunities.