Exploratorium Individual Volunteer Application Form
Thank you for your interest in joining the Exploratorium volunteer community. As you may be aware, the Exploratorium is temporarily closed. We are still reviewing volunteer applications that are submitted while the facility is closed to the public.
We are currently offering online interviews.
Our Volunteer Contract
The Exploratorium agrees to provide you with:
- appropriate training, supervision, space, materials, and equipment to accomplish the assigned project(s);
- communicate with you openly and often about ongoing opportunities for volunteer involvement.
You agree to:
- fulfill the terms of the volunteer opportunity as described;
- notify the manager of Volunteer Engagement if you need to redefine your commitment or to conduct an exit interview;
- respond promptly to communications from the Volunteer Engagement, including phone calls, e-mail, newsletters, and invitations;
- abide by the general rules of access and conduct for all Exploratorium staff;
- review the information specific to your volunteer situation
- wear your Exploratorium Volunteer I.D. Badge while serving as a volunteer;
- accurately record your volunteer hours in the log book;
- grant the Exploratorium the right to use your photograph in promoting the museum and/or Volunteer Engagement;
- respect the confidentiality of sensitive or privileged information;
- accept the manager of Volunteer Engagement’s right to counsel you or possibly dismiss you from the Volunteer Program if you fail to comply with the guidelines.