Intern/Volunteer Expectations & Guidelines
As of December 1, 2021, all new volunteers, interns, and staff must provide written proof of receiving full vaccination against COVID-19 or can provide a negative COVID test.
If you are under the age of 18, you must have a parent/guardian consent form on file with your application. Please download the form by clicking here and upload your completed form when prompted in the application.
As an Intern or Volunteer at SOS, I agree to the following:
- I will accurately record and submit my volunteer hours
- I will be present at all shifts I commit to and I will contact my supervisor in the event that I will not be available to work my assigned shift;
- I understand that I am responsible for my personal belongings and that SOS is not responsible for lost or stolen items; I also understand that it is recommended for all valuables to be left at home;
- I will report to a staff member any incident of harassment or endangerment which poses a current or future impact on SOS, its staff, Interns/volunteers, or consumers;
- I will treat all consumers, Interns/volunteers, and staff with kindness, dignity, and respect; I understand that no one will be discriminated against based on race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, or any other individual characteristics, and that exhibiting behaviors that demonstrate discrimination is means for immediate dismissal from my position;
- I will participate in the SOS Intern/Volunteer Orientation and subsequent trainings as needed;
- I understand that stealing is not tolerated and will result in immediate dismissal;
- I understand that weapons of any kind are not permitted on SOS property;
- I understand that Interning/Volunteering under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted and that smoking is not allowed on SOS property;
- I understand that SOS Interns/volunteers may not receive any services provided by SOS Community Services during the tenure of their Intern/volunteer experience or during the six (6) months prior; I understand that this includes housing, food, utility, employment, children’s, and all other SOS services.
- I understand that SOS Community Services and its staff are released from any and all liability and responsibility for any actions, injury, or illness that may directly or indirectly result from my participation in the program. I understand that by signing this document, I waive the entity listed above from any and all legal claims.
Interns/Volunteers can expect the following from SOS Community Services:
- To be treated with respect, listened to, and encouraged to stand up for what you think and feel while respecting the rights of others.
- To be provided supervision, training, opportunities to give feedback, support, encouragement, and recognition for your time and effort.
SOS Community Services reserves the right to decline the service of any volunteer at any time. SOS Community Services will not tolerate discrimination, harassment, or sexual harassment. A volunteer who violates policies, disobeys safety procedures, behaves inappropriately with staff, other volunteers, or anyone they encounter while volunteering with SOS Community Services, will be asked to leave and may be permanently excused from further volunteer activities with SOS Community Services.
CREATE A USERNAME TO CONTINUE WITH THE APPLICATION....