Want to be a part of Imperial Theatre Volunteer Corps?
Volunteering gets you inside the world of professional performing arts. See how things work from the inside out and meet the people who make it happen! Our dedicated team of operational volunteers play an essential role in advancing the performing arts at Imperial Theatre!
About the Program
At Imperial Theatre, we value our patrons and strive to give them a memorable experience at our events. Whether greeting incoming patrons, scanning tickets, handing out programs, assisting guests in finding their seats, or working with artists at stage door, our volunteers are a vital part of Imperial Theatre.
We have amazing artists from our region to national and international performers. Imperial Theatre works hard to keep all volunteers properly trained and informed. The volunteer program offers training regarding operational duties during an event, venue knowledge (building tour and fire evacuation procedures), CPR / AED training and protocols for emergencies along with a mandatory yearly refresher course. New volunteers are mentored during the shadow program. In return for your time as a volunteer, we provide fellowship, entertainment, and lots of wonderful benefits.
- Hands-on experience working at a world-class performing arts venue
- A chance to meet patrons who also love and support the arts.
- The opportunity to see performances when working a shift.
- Parking tokens when working day events.
- Volunteer appreciation events to celebrate your time and commitment.
- Volunteer Recognition Program - milestones from 50, 100, 250, 1000, 1500, 2000, one 2500 calls are acknowledged.
- A complimentary ticket to films in the Retro Film Series
- Two complimentary tickets on select events when 25 event calls are achieved.
Volunteers sign up on a first-come-first-served basis using the online volunteer system Better Impact on a month-by-month basis. Volunteers should be interested in the performing arts, have superior customer service skills, prepared to commit to two full season of volunteering, minimum 25 events per year, and be willing and able to work as part of a great team of other volunteers, students, and staff members.
- All volunteers must be willing and able to work every possible usher position in our theatre.
- Volunteers occasionally have to stand for long periods of time, lift heavy baskets (15 lbs) and must be comfortable ascending and descending stairs in a darkened environment.
- Have the ability to quickly identify and resolve problems and the ability to think clearly and follow designated procedures in an emergency and/or stressful situation.
- Be able to adapt to a variety of circumstances as no two shows or audiences are the same
- Responsible to cancel through Better Impact if unable to work an assigned event.
- Youth Corps volunteers must be 16 years of age or older.
- Police Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Search from Saint John Police Force will be required. Request Forms will be available for new volunteers to submit to the SJPD. There is an associated $10 fee payable to the SJPD by the volunteer.
Reach out to Patricia Farren if you have any questions, email@example.com