Volunteer Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- My services to the Tehama County Animal Care Center are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of salary, compensation or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
- My services are furnished without any employment-type benefits, vacation accrual or sick time. The only exception would be for worker’s compensation.
- I will familiarize myself and comply with the Shelter’s policies and procedures applicable to Volunteers. In particular, I fully understand that the Shelter expects high standards of moral and ethical treatment of the animals under its care. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a volunteer.
- I understand that the Shelter, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
- I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities on behalf of the shelter may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to me or my personal property. On behalf of myself, and my heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Tehama County Animal Care Center Shelter and its directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of, or in connection with my Volunteer activities on behalf of the Shelter.
- Understanding that public relations are an important part of Volunteer’s activities on behalf of the Tehama County Animal Care Center Shelter, I hereby authorize them to use any photographs of me in its possession for public relation purposes. I ask that the shelter use reasonable efforts to give me advance notice of any such use, but such notification is not a condition to release photographs for public relations purposes.