Foster Care Agreement
ANIMAL FOSTER CARE AGREEMENT
This Animal Foster Care Agreement (“Agreement”) is entered into by and between Adopt & Shop Operations, LLC (“Adopt & “Shop”) and the undersigned (“you”). In consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties hereto hereby agree as follows:
I. ANIMALS TO BE FOSTERED. Adopt & Shop coordinates the placement of animals to you for boarding and foster care. You acknowledge that you are not becoming the owner of any said animal(s), but are willing to provide humane care for any such animal(s). The animal(s) shall remain the sole property of Adopt & Shop. As such, the animal(s) are to be surrendered to Adopt & Shop at any time at the request of Adopt & Shop and you will immediately arrange a mutually satisfactory time to return the animal(s) to Adopt & Shop . In no event will you have a right to keep the animals for more than twelve (12) weeks.
You agree to return the animal to Adopt & Shop if you can no longer care for the animal, If the animal requires extensive medical treatment, or at the request of Adopt & Shop staff.
II. TERMS OF AGREEMENT
You will provide foster care in your home for a mutually agreed period of time. Foster care for the animals will be comprised of the following:
You agree to notify Adopt & Shop of any emergencies involving the animal(s), and of any changes in medical condition for pre-approval of non-emergency veterinary care, and also, on a weekly basis, to report on the animal(s) health and behavior. In all instances in the animal’s change in condition, health and/or behavior, Adopt & Shop reserves the exclusive right to determine the proper course of action to take upon such notification.
In addition, you must adhere to all state and local animal laws. You agree to follow all additional written instructions from Adopt & Shop.
2. Adopt & Shop will provide all veterinary care and pay for all medications that may be needed for the animal(s) during the foster period. Animals should only be taken to a veterinarian Adopt & Shop approves upon prior instruction by Adopt & Shop. Adopt & Shop will not pay for veterinary care other than services approved in advance by Adopt & Shop.
The following basic care supplies are provided by Adopt & Shop:
A starter kit of items like kitten food, litter, litter box, medications (when necessary) and more will be provided. Carriers, scales, heating pads and other items are available for rental in exchange for copy of photo identification.
A starter kit of items like dog food, towels/blankets, medications (when necessary) and more will be provided. Carriers/crates are available for rental in exchange for copy of photo identification.
3. You agree to return all loaned equipment and all unused supplies as listed above to Adopt Shop in good, clean condition (subject to normal wear and
tear) at the end of the foster care period, or upon request.
4. You agree not to alter in any way the appearance of the animal(s) being fostered without permission of Adopt & Shop. This includes, but is not limited to, declawing and cropping of ears or tails.
5. All personally owned animals under your care will be fully vaccinated, at your own expense, prior to having any contact with foster animals from Adopt & Shop.
6. All personally owned animals under your care will receive regular flea treatments, at your own expense, prior and during the time you accept foster animals.
7. You agree to contact us immediately by telephone or electronic mail in the event that you are no longer able or willing to provide foster care to any or all of the animals. You will continue to care for the animal(s) for a reasonable period (no more than four (4) business days from notice) until we can accept the return of the animal(s) from you.
8. In the event you wish to adopt any or all of the animals as a household pet(s) for yourself, you must complete Adopt & Shop paperwork and return the animal for sterilization. You understand, however, that an adoption of the foster animal is not guaranteed, as the animal may already have been adopted.
9. You will immediately notify Adopt & Shop in the event any change occurs in the address, telephone number, or email address listed below. You understand and acknowledge that you do not have any right or authority to place the foster animal(s) in another home unless permission is given in writing by Adopt & Shop. You may not entrust the care of the animal(s) to any other person unless permission is given in writing by Adopt & Shop. If you are going on vacation, you must notify Adopt & Shop of arrangements to care for the animals.
10. You are undertaking these obligations with no claim, now or in the future, to any type of compensation or reimbursement (except where previously listed in Paragraph 2 of the Agreement).
11. You agree to let agents of Adopt & Shop inspect your premises in which the animal(s) is being kept and maintained.
12. You agree to immediately report the death of any foster animal to Adopt & Shop. You also agree to immediately return the body of the animal to Adopt & Shop at once for evaluation.
13. You acknowledge and agree that in the event of a breach or threatened breach of this Agreement by you, Adopt & Shop will suffer irreparable harm and will therefore be entitled to injunctive relief to enforce this Agreement.
14. You are aware of the potential that diseases and illness can be passed along to humans (e.g., scabies, ringworm, etc.) and that accidental animal bites or other injuries to humans and other animals do occur, and you release Adopt & Shop from, and waive all claims and liability against Adopt & Shop for or attributable to, any and all bodily injuries, disease or illness, death or property damage, losses or injuries whatsoever to you or other persons, or to your personally owned animals or another person’s animals and pets, caused by or arising out of the actions, behavior or health of the animal(s), or arising out of the foster care.
15. Waiver of Unknown Claims: With respect to the releases and waivers made by your in favor of Adopt & Shop as set forth in Section 15 you expressly waive all rights under California Civil Code Section 1542, which provides that: A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR. You hereby expressly confirm that the purpose, meaning and effect of the waivers and releases contained in Section 15, including, but not limited to, with respect to your rights under California Civil Code Section 1542, and hereby declare that such waivers and releases are given freely and with full understanding by you of the consequences thereof.
This Agreement is the entire agreement of the parties. Any modification to the
Agreement must be in writing, signed by both you and Adopt & Shop. This Agreement shall be binding upon you and Adopt & Shop and your respective heirs, executors, personal representatives, successors, and assigns.