Volunteer Policies & Agreements
Teen Volunteer Program Requirements
- Teen volunteers must be no less than 13 years of age by September 1, 2022.
- Teen volunteers may not be older than 17 years of age by September 1, 2022.
- Must be available to volunteer for 3 Saturdays (one per month) in October, November, and December (9 am to 3 pm)
- Must also commit to one shift of Galaxy Lights (5:30 - 10 pm) on a Friday or Saturday between November 19 - December 10.
You agree to:
- Follow all volunteer program and Space Center Houston guidelines
- Bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude to each volunteer shift
- Attend an in-person volunteer interview on Saturday, September 10
- Attend the Fall Teen Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, September 24
- Volunteer for 3 Saturdays, one per month, in October, November, and December, and 1 shift of Galaxy Lights.
We agree to:
- Provide an opportunity to accumulate 25 - 30 volunteer hours during the fall
- Provide training, instruction, and guidance to ensure your success
- Provide access to learning and development opportunities
- Provide free access to Space Center Houston when not volunteering
- Certify your volunteer hours for the President's Volunteer Service Award. (Our 12-month award time frame is September - August. So, fall hours are added to volunteer hours accumulated the following summer.)