Volunteer Policies and Agreements
Teen Volunteer Program Requirements
- Teen volunteers must be no less than 13 years of age by May 30, 2023.
- Teen volunteers may not be older than 17 years of age by May 30, 2023.
- Must be available to volunteer for 3 full weeks (Monday - Friday, 8 am to 3:30 pm) between May 30 and August 11. Weeks do not need to be consecutive.
You agree to:
- Follow all volunteer program and Space Center Houston guidelines
- Bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude to each volunteer shift
- Attend an in-person volunteer interview on Saturday, April 1
- Attend the appropriate Teen Volunteer Orientation:
- Saturday, May 13 - Explorer Camp and Space U volunteers
- Saturday, May 20 - Guest Experience Team volunteers
- Volunteer for 3 weeks between May 30 and August 11
We agree to:
- Provide an opportunity to accumulate over 100 volunteer hours during the summer
- Provide training, instruction, and guidance to ensure your success
- Provide access to learning and development opportunities
- Provide free access to Space Center Houston when not volunteering
- Provide two guest tickets to Space Center Houston upon completion of program
- Certify your volunteer hours for the President's Volunteer Service Award