Volunteer Policies and Agreements
Teen Volunteer Program Requirements
- Teen volunteers must be no less than 13 years of age by May 31, 2022.
- Teen volunteers may not be older than 17 years of age by May 31, 2022.
- Must be available to volunteer for 3 full weeks (Monday - Friday, 8 am to 3:30 pm) between May 31 and August 12. Weeks do not need to be consecutive.
You agree to:
- Follow all volunteer program and Space Center Houston guidelines
- Bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude to each volunteer shift
- Attend an in-person volunteer interview on Saturday, March 26
- Bring one letter of recommendation to your interview, which must be from a teacher. (Letters of recommendation must be from non-relatives.)
- Attend the appropriate Teen Volunteer Orientation:
- Saturday, May 14 - Explorer Camp and Space U volunteers
- Saturday, May 21 - Guest Experience Team volunteers
- Volunteer for 3 weeks between May 31 and August 12
We agree to:
- Provide an opportunity to accumulate over 100 volunteer hours during the summer
- Provide training, instruction, and guidance to ensure your success
- Provide access to learning and development opportunities
- Provide free access to Space Center Houston when not volunteering
- Provide two guest tickets to Space Center Houston upon completion of program
- Certify your volunteer hours for the President's Volunteer Service Award