Volunteer Policies and Agreements
Teen Volunteer Program Requirements
- Teen volunteers must be no less than 13 years of age by June 1, 2021.
- Teen volunteers may not be older than 17 years of age by June 1, 2021.
- Must be available to volunteer for 3 full weeks (Monday - Friday, 8 am to 3:30 pm) between June 1 and August 13. Weeks do not need to be consecutive.
You agree to:
- Follow all volunteer program and Space Center Houston guidelines
- Bring an enthusiastic and positive attitude to each volunteer shift
- Attend a volunteer interview on Saturday, March 27
- Bring one letter of recommendation to your interview, which must be from a teacher. (Letters of recommendation must be from non-relatives.)
- Attend a Teen Volunteer Orientation on Saturday, May 15 or May 22
- Volunteer for 3 weeks between June 1 and August 13.
We agree to:
- Provide an opportunity to accumulate over 100 volunteer hours during the summer
- Provide training, instruction, and guidance to ensure your success
- Provide access to learning and development opportunities
- Provide free access to Space Center Houston when not volunteering
- Provide two guest tickets to Space Center Houston upon completion of program
- Certify your volunteer hours for the President's Volunteer Service Award