Guidelines and Policy for Catholic Charities Volunteers
Volunteer Waiver and Release of Claim
This Application is NOT for Court Ordered or Goodwill Volunteers. Please be sure to fill out the correct application.
If you are interested in volunteering for Christmas Day we ask volunteers to call (719) 866-6559 starting on December 1. A list will be created with the date and call timestamp of volunteer requests. By December 7, we will have determined how many recurring volunteers with be in that day, how many volunteers can be added, and we will start contacting those on the list with a status. There are two shifts, the 7am to 10am food preparation shift and the 10am to 1:15pm food service shift, a preference can be stated when calling in. Please note for Christmas Eve, New Year's Day or any other days surrounding the holidays, there is no wait list and if we have open spots, we are happy to plan the volunteering.
Catholic Charities of Central Colorado screens to provide a safe environment for children participating in our programs and/ or on our premises. A signed release will be required for all volunteers directly interacting with children. This release will provide Catholic Charities the authority to conduct a background check and talk to past supervisors where applicant work/ volunteered with children's organizations and programs. Abuse of children is taken very seriously, and all outcries or reports of abuse are reported to police or Child Protective Services (CPS), and we fully comply with requests from authorities investigating child abuse. Catholic Charities has adopted policies/ procedures specifically created to safeguard children in its programs. Contact/ interaction with children in all program contexts will be randomly monitored.
The undersigned acknowledges and understands that accidents resulting in injury occasionally occur during such activities as the undersigned will be engaging in. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the undersigned hereby agrees to fully assume any and all risk of harm or injury which may occur to the undersigned during any activity, and to release and hold harmless Catholic Charities and its officers, agents, employees, and other volunteers from any claims or causes of action as set forth above. Finally, it is understood and agreed that this waiver, release, and assumption of risk is binding on the heirs, successors, and assigns of the undersigned.
- Abusive language, derogatory statements, gossip and disrespectful comments, slurs, and innuendos;
- Assault, battery, bullying, unwanted touching, rude gestures, and sexual advances;
- Inappropriate posters, drawings, electronic images, text messages, e-mails, and social media postings.
- Clothing with logos or graphics must not reflect any form of violent, discriminatory, abusive, offensive, demeaning, or otherwise unprofessional message.
- Clothing which is revealing, tight-fitting, sheer or provocative. No yoga pants/leggings.
- Clothing which is torn, dirty, worn or contains holes.
- Shorts, halter tops crop tops tube tops.
- Mini-skirts or skirts with high slits.
- Flip flops, slippers, or beach footwear.
- Poor hygiene.
- Strong fragrances.
- Visible excessive or dramatic piercings, tattoos, or body art.