- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Volunteers must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check if volunteering at our 151 location
- Take an online orientation and dog handling class
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours per month
- Attend any additional training classes as necessary
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
Petsmart Charities and Petco Foundation Adoption Centers- All volunteers must be 18 years of age or over.
Marbach Clinic - All volunteers must be 14 years of age or over. Volunteers between 14 and 15 years of age must have their parent present while volunteering. Volunteers aged 16-17 may volunteer without an adult present.
SAPA! at Animal Care Services - All volunteers must be 18 years of age or over.
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer for San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will abide by the mission, core values, rules, regulations, policies and programs of SAPA! while I am a volunteer.
- I agree to be supervised by a SAPA! Manager or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
- If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding for any of the SAPA! animals in my home, I consent to a SAPA! Representative visiting my home from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
- I will treat all animals, other volunteers, and the general public with dignity and respect.
- I will accurately and truthfully complete the Volunteer Application and Agreement.