- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Complete digital orientation, pay the necessary registration fees, and sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Ages 16+ must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check if volunteering at ACS/151
- Attend an on-site training session
- Commit to a minimum of 4- 6 hours per month
- Attend any additional training classes as necessary
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
Volunteers under age 12 are not permitted to serve as a volunteer or be present during any volunteer work at our facilities.
- Volunteers 12-15 are required to volunteer with a parent/guardian with both filling out an application. The parent/guardian volunteer will be required to be present at all times during the minor's volunteer service
- Volunteers ages 16-17 may volunteer on their own after a parent/guardian has signed their liability waiver and attended the minor's first training session
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer for San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of SAPA! while I am a volunteer.
- I agree to be supervised by a SAPA! Manager or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
- If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding for any of the SAPA! animals in my home, I consent to a SAPA! Representative visiting my home from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
- I will treat all animals, other volunteers, and the general public with dignity and respect.
- I will accurately and truthfully complete the Volunteer Application and Agreement.