- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Volunteers must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check if volunteering at our 151 location
- Take an online orientation and dog handling class
- Commit to a minimum of 2 hours per month
- Attend any additional training classes as necessary
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
We are currently revamping our volunteer program and are not accepting volunteers under the age of 18 at this time. Please check back at a later date.
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer for San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will abide by the mission, rules, regulations, policies and programs of SAPA! while I am a volunteer.
- I agree to be supervised by a SAPA! Manager or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
- If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding for any of the SAPA! animals in my home, I consent to a SAPA! Representative visiting my home from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
- I will treat all animals, other volunteers, and the general public with dignity and respect.
- I will accurately and truthfully complete the Volunteer Application and Agreement.