- Submit an online application which includes a Volunteer Agreement
- Sign the Release of Liability Waiver
- Volunteers must complete a City of San Antonio Volunteer Security Background Check and submit the form in person to ACS directly if volunteering at our 151 location
- Court-mandated volunteers will need prior approval from the Volunteer Program Manager in order to begin volunteering
All volunteers wishing to help on-site must be aged 18 years or older.
Volunteers under 18 may participate and earn hours through our remote volunteering opportunities.
In consideration of this opportunity to volunteer for San Antonio Pets Alive! (SAPA!), I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I will abide by the mission, core values, rules, regulations, policies and programs of SAPA! while I am a volunteer.
- I agree to be supervised by a SAPA! Manager or designee and will work as a team member with all volunteers.
- If I will be sheltering or providing foster care or boarding for any of the SAPA! animals in my home, I consent to a SAPA! Representative visiting my home from time to time to observe the animals and their living quarters.
- I will treat all animals, other volunteers, and the general public with dignity and respect.
- I will accurately and truthfully complete the Volunteer Application and Agreement.