IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR VOLUNTEERS
Thank you for your interest in volunteering with the Boys & Girls Club of Stamford (BGCS). This application is for individuals wishing to volunteer directly with BGCS in our Stamford units. If you are volunteering through your company, please contact your company's volunteer program coordinator directly.
Step 1: Create your secure account, or log in if you already have an account. Be sure to review and accept the Volunteer Terms & Conditions below.
Step 2: Complete the application. You can save it and return later if needed.
Step 3: BGCS Program Directors will review your application, and contact you with next steps. If your application is approved, and you pass the background check, you can log in to see open volunteer opportunities.
If you have specific questions about getting started, please email us at email@example.com.
-- -- -- -- -- -- --
VOLUNTEER TERMS & CONDITIONS
Boys & Girls Club of Stamford follows strict guidelines to ensure the safety of its members, staff and volunteers.
- To uphold our safety standards, BGCS requires prospective volunteers to undergo a background check before they begin working at our organization.
- BGCS relies on volunteers to operate the Club for our members. Volunteers are expected to uphold all time commitments and notify BGCS as soon as possible of any conflicts.
- During your time volunteering with BGCS, you may be exposed to information of a very personal, confidential, and/ or sensitive nature. Members may feel they can confide in you, and you may be given facts about some of our members that will allow you to volunteer in a more effective and productive manner. Likewise, you may obtain information from co-volunteers, staff, or elsewhere, either through the course of volunteering or in personal confidence that would be considered confidential or sensitive. Any information, no matter how harmless it may seem to you, should be kept strictly confidential.
- Volunteers will portray a positive role for youth by maintaining an attitude of respect, patience, courtesy, tact, and maturity.
- Volunteers will respond to children with respect and consideration, treating all children and youth equally, regardless of sex, race, religion, and culture.
- Smoking or use of tobacco in the presence of children, youth, or parents during volunteering hours is prohibited.