This letter contains important information for Village Project Student Cooks. Please read the information carefully.
All Student Scheduling is done by the Village Project Staff. Students are not able to schedule themselves. VP has well over 600 volunteers and scheduling can be a challenge. The Better Impact data base is designed to simplify scheduling and provide clear communication. In order for the data base to function properly, it is important that you complete your Better Impact volunteer profile and update information (particularly availability) on a regular basis.
A fully staffed kitchen is vital as we uphold our commitment to provide delicious and nutritious meals to our clients in a timely manner. Please help us by doing the following:
- Be on time. Come to the kitchen immediately after school.
- Provide 48 hour notice if you are not able to work as scheduled.
- If you are ill, do not come to the kitchen. Let us know as soon as possible so we can find a sub.
- It is extremely important that students stay for their entire shift. Students are asked not to commit to work if they are not able to stay the entire shift.
- Please do not commit to work in the kitchen if you are currently involved in a seasonal sport, musical or other activity.
- If you would like to be placed on the schedule after the completion of seasonal commitment, please contact us. You will not be scheduled until we hear from you.
- The third time you do not show up or notify us in advance, you will permanently be removed from the schedule.
Your attendance as scheduled is key as we strive to come together as a community of all ages to provide nourishing meals and extended care and service to our neighbors experiencing cancer.
Absence: If you can not attend as scheduled you are responsible for finding a substitute to fill your position. If this is not possible due to illness call us at 440.348.9401 as soon as possible to report your absence. Not following this procedure or repeated absence will result in removal from future schedules.
Kitchen Volunteers: The following are musts when working in the kitchen:
- Closed toed shoes
- Long hair pulled back securely
- Hair covered with hair net, bandana, or cap
- No cell phones in the kitchen
- Hands washed thoroughly when entering or re-entering the kitchen
- Do not volunteer if you are ill