Special Olympics Ontario
Special Olympics Ontario
9.3.5 - MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
This memorandum of understanding has been designed to ensure that you have received all pertinent information that is needed to make your volunteer experience satisfying and that you have received adequate orientation. It will also serve as confirmation of your commitment and understanding of your role as a volunteer with Special Olympics Ontario. If you have any questions or concerns as your time evolves with Special Olympics Ontario please bring it to the attention of the Volunteer Services Committee.
As a volunteer with Special Olympics Ontario, you will be required to complete the following:
- Complete a volunteer registration form.
- Submit a Criminal Records Check (that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search). It could take approximately six weeks to complete the screening verification.
- Complete the On-line Volunteer Orientation which will include the Volunteer Code of Conduct and the Language Do's and Do not's
- Attend the In Person Volunteer Training.
I understand that as a volunteer, I may acquire personal information pertaining to Special Olympics athletes, volunteers and others. By being a volunteer of SOO, I agree to keep such information in the strictest confidence and will maintain the confidentiality of all persons involved with Special Olympics, and will not disclose personal information to anyone without written consent from the person to whom the information relates. I understand that I may disclose personal information to other Special Olympics members only if the disclosure is necessary and proper for the direct benefit of the individual and to carry out the duties of my role with Special Olympics Ontario.
I agree that a breach of confidentiality shall be cause for termination as Special Olympics Volunteer.
I understand that:
• the information I will provide may be verified, and I give permission to Special Olympics to make inquiries of others which must include a criminal background check to determine my suitability to act as a Special Olympics volunteer.
• the relationship between Special Olympics and volunteers is an "at will" arrangement and it may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics.
• I grant Special Olympics permission to use my likeness, voice, and words in television, radio, film, or in any form to promote activities of Special Olympics.
I agree to the above polices in accordance with Special Olympics Ontario.