Thank you for your interest in volunteering at the 2020 School Championships in Kingston!
A few notes before you get started:
- Competition and events at the Games will take place June 2 & 3, 2020
- There are various locations of events, including:
- Opening & Closing Ceremonies (including athlete dance) - Queen's University ARC
- Basketball - Queen's University ARC
- Bocce - Queen's University Nixon Field
- Floor Hockey - Cataraqui Arena
- Soccer - Queen's University Tindall Field
- Track & Field - Invista Centre
- Some volunteer roles require proof of a cleared police check (either new or within the last calendar year and valid until June 2020). Most notably, these roles include accommodations, Opening & Closing ceremonies (including the athlete dance). Details on how to obtain or submit a police check will be sent via email following your application. Note: there is no cost involved if you live in Kingston
- Please read the volunteer policy below prior to signing up to volunteer
Special Olympics Ontario
Special Olympics Ontario
9.3.5 - MEMORANDUM OF UNDERSTANDING
This memorandum of understanding has been designed to ensure that you have received all pertinent information that is needed to make your volunteer experience satisfying and that you have received adequate orientation. It will also serve as confirmation of your commitment and understanding of your role as a volunteer with Special Olympics Ontario. If you have any questions or concerns as your time evolves with Special Olympics Ontario please bring it to the attention of the Volunteer Services Committee.
As a volunteer with Special Olympics Ontario, you will be required to complete the following:
- Complete a volunteer registration form.
- Submit a Criminal Records Check (that includes a Vulnerable Sector Search) *if applicable
- Complete the On-line Volunteer Orientation which will include the Volunteer Code of Conduct and the Language Do's and Do not's
- Attend the In Person Volunteer Training *if applicable
I understand that as a volunteer, I may acquire personal information pertaining to Special Olympics athletes, volunteers and others. By being a volunteer of SOO, I agree to keep such information in the strictest confidence and will maintain the confidentiality of all persons involved with Special Olympics, and will not disclose personal information to anyone without written consent from the person to whom the information relates. I understand that I may disclose personal information to other Special Olympics members only if the disclosure is necessary and proper for the direct benefit of the individual and to carry out the duties of my role with Special Olympics Ontario.
I agree that a breach of confidentiality shall be cause for termination as Special Olympics Volunteer.
I understand that:
• the information I will provide may be verified, and I give permission to Special Olympics to make inquiries of others which must include a criminal background check to determine my suitability to act as a Special Olympics volunteer.
• the relationship between Special Olympics and volunteers is an "at will" arrangement and it may be terminated at any time without cause by either the volunteer or Special Olympics.
• I grant Special Olympics permission to use my likeness, voice, and words in television, radio, film, or in any form to promote activities of Special Olympics.
Kingston Police Volunteer Applicant Consent
- I hereby authorize the Kingston Police to conduct a search based on the names(s), date of birth and declared criminal record history, to obtain the information required to complete the Police Record Check and disclose such information to me. This includes a search of the Kingston Police Records Management System (RMS), and the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) database, maintained by the RCMP. This search of the CPIC database includes a search of the Identification Data Bank (known as the National Repository of Criminal Records), the Investigative Data Bank and the Police Information Portal (PIP).
- I hereby release and discharge the Kingston Police Services Board and all members and employees of the Kingston Police from any and all actions, claims and demands for damages, loss or injury howsoever arising which may hereafter be sustained by myself as a result of the disclosure of the information to me by the Kingston Police. I hereby authorize the Kingston Police to inquire into and disclose results of any police records to me including: criminal convictions (summary and indictable); absolute and conditional discharges; and cases of not criminally responsible for reasons of mental disorder; outstanding entries such as charges, judicial orders, probation and prohibition orders and to conduct a local police contact search with any Police Service in Canada.
- I certify that the information provided by me in this application is true and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. I have read this consent, understand it, and agree to it in its entirety.
I agree to the above polices in accordance with Special Olympics Ontario and Kingston Police.